Posts Tagged ‘Comedy’
This post over a Watch with Kristin teases tonights Office finale in an evil, although satisfying way, saying:
- There are 4 or 5 “no-way” moments
- Prior episodes have subtly established big twists and spinoff possibilities
- It’s insane!
I’m a huge fan of twists and turns (as evidenced by my discussions about Lost twist endings with friends)…so, this is very good news.
Also excited to see where the spinoff talk leads, because it’s potentially another great show that I’ll be glad to watch from the beginning.
Let the speculation begin…you can guarantee I’ll be glued to my TV tonight during the 1-hour Office season 4 finale!
I’ve been a huge fan of the first two Rush Hour fans, mainly because they’re pretty funny, and I remember a day when the 2nd one was one of my favorite movies, back before Spiderman and Pirates were around.
This one had me worried, and I’m not going to lie, I’m not sure if they can top the second…It was huge when it came out, and by now a lot of the stuff may get tired.
This trailer has renewed my interest though….I just wish I didn’t have to wait until August to see it. Looks like some of the same gags will be around, but Jackie and Chris make them funny, so we’ll see how this shakes out as an “end of the summer” comedy.
Ain’t It Cool has linked to the trailer.
Via Ain’t It Cool
Remember the cold open from this week’s Office that has Jim impersonating Dwight (a spot-on impersonation I might add)….
Well, I never got a chance to watch the episode because of VCR technical difficulties (why I wish I had a dual-tuner Tivo…yeesh), but later in the episode, Dwight impersonates Jim.
It’s pretty spot-on also…..They both have a good sense of the other…Check it out below. These writers are geniuses!
I’m holding out to watch the clip I’ve embedded below.
GMMR pointed this out, and I’d have to agree that this probably is the cold open for the upcoming NEW episode this week, entitled “Product Recall”. Honestly, the freeze frame and the whole concept of Jim playing Dwight makes me giggle.
If it’s a clue as to the quality of this week’s episode, all signs point to a hilarious episode…which is good, considering how much The Office rocks!
“The office is in crisis mode after a large shipment of Dunder-Mifflin paper is accidentally sent out with an obscene watermark. Michael tries to manage the media with an impromptu press conference. Jim and Andy try to calm the high school principal who has sent out prom invites on the affected stationery.”
I’m hoping this a good rebound episode, because despite some of the funny shenanigans that went on this week, I just didn’t feel like it delivered a typical feeling I get from episodes of the show.
How many episodes are left anyway? I keep thinking there’s only 2 or 3….is it really more? or am I just imagining things?
Either way…..is it Thursday yet?
So overall, I was a little disappointed by tonight’s episode. It had some high points, but overall, no major plot points were moved forward.
I’m ready for the promos to see where this is going…
- Jim and Pam spoke to each other….with NO hostility.
- The Jam moment when Kevin said how Jim had been at Pam’s desk for hours and HOURS…..
- The shunning and un-shunning was pretty funny…
- The watermelon bouncing on the trampoline and onto the car….and then Stanley’s little reaction shot after the credits….
- The jokes about the betting….especially Creed biting into the potato…..funny moments like these are what makes The Office so good.
- I thought Michael was a little overboard…Not crazy like at the wedding earlier this season, but still….
- Did anything even close to major happen tonight? No! Sure doesn’t seem like there’s only a few episodes to go before a finale….let’s see what the promos start to push now.
- No new episode next week….bummer.
I’m hoping for a rebound episode next time….This one was just lackluster…….
It’s O.K. though….I have faith that The Office will go out on another high note this year!